INSTRUCTIONS BEFORE INTRAVENOUS SEDATION
- DO NOT EAT OR DRINK ANYTHING (not even water) after midnight the night before surgery, or at least 8 hours prior to your appointment.
- No smoking at least 12 hours before surgery. Ideally, cut down or stop smoking as soon as possible prior to the day of surgery.
- A responsible adult must accompany the patient to the office, remain in the office during the procedure, and drive the patient home. A parent or legal guardian must accompany minors.
- Please wear loose fitting clothing with sleeves which can be rolled up past the elbow, and low-heeled shoes.
- Contact lenses, jewelry, and dentures must be removed at the time of surgery.
- Do not wear lipstick, excessive makeup, or nail polish on the day of surgery.
- You may take your regular morning medications with a SMALL sip of water (after consultation with the doctors).
- No herbal / naturopathic remedies for 2 weeks prior to surgery.
Failure to comply with these instructions could result in a delay of your surgery.
Please allow 48 hours notice for cancellation to avoid a short notice cancellation fee.
INSTRUCTIONS AFTER INTRAVENOUS SEDATION
Following intravenous sedation, it may take several hours for the full effects of the drugs to wear off. Please follow these recommendations:
- Remain at home resting quietly for the remainder of the day.
- If you feel dizzy, immediately lie flat until the dizziness is gone.
- Do not drink alcohol for 48 hours after surgery or while taking pain medication.
- Do not operate a motor vehicle, power tools or machinery for 24 hours after surgery.
- Do not sign or enter any legal contracts for 24 hours.